CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

That is Good afternoon in Portuguese. Yes, it's kindof funny that we have been teaching a lot of Brazillians latley. I'm trying to learn Spanish and Elder Shepherd knows this much(imagine my thumb and index finger really close to eachother) of Portuguese so it's been entertaining to try and teach them. We mostly just watch our church DVD's in Protugesseie and then 'try' to teach a little after wards. It's like I should be called a Foreign language missionry not just spanish. I've handed out 3 Books of Mormon, 5 Livros de Mo'rmon, and 10 Libros de Mormo'n since I've been here in New Orleans. Weird town all around. It's like you take every race of the world (and thier religions too) and stick em in a city that is below Sea level and you got NEW Orleans. Thank you Sarah and Roseanne for the letters this week. Keep up the good job ;-). I dont really know if I'm allowed to watch that DVD or not so.....we'll have to see. We recently got our new mission President From Mesa Az last week. I haven't met President Woods yet, but we are going to a special Zone Conference this week on Wednesday and so I'll see him there. The spanish is coming a long good. I learned recently how to use the future tense. I really love my Previous companion from Mexico, but it's one thing to speak the language and another to teach it (Yeah that's how it went for me too Trisha). All is well though. I'm learning like crazy now. Our mission Tripled in the amount of missionaries from AZ in the past 4 1/2 months. Three of them are from Gilbert and one is from Mesa. Man, All of this AZ influence is cramping my style here. For a while I was just 1 of 3 in the whole mission. Egh it's all good, it's just a sign that the church is growing. Please pray for Wilfredo. He's been acting kinda weird latley. He needs a spiritual witness of this church. Also please pray for Reinhard. He's a little boy that just comitted to baptism for the 19 of July. Please pray that his Mom will be a help and not a hinderment to his baptism. He's about the most spiritually sharp boy I've ever met. He asks us Questions that I've never been asked on my mission before. He's cool. PLEEASE PRAY for them. Thanks. I gootttta go so I LOVE YOU GUYS
eLDER cOLVIBN

0 comments: