CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hello everybody!
This week was amazing!!!
First let me tell you the bad news:
Herbin and Nicalosa dropped off the face of the planet. We have no Idea where they went. the last time we saw them was two sundays ago when they said they were getting kicked out of their Apt soon. I guess 'soon' was the very next day.It was a heart breaker that we didn't baptise them. Hey, life goes on and probably somewhere down the road they'll (where ever they are) be baptised.

Now onto the great news:
I had the AMAZING opportunity to shake the hand of Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the 12! That is something I will never forget. He has a good firm grip. this last sunday and saturady was Stake conference for the whole Baton Rouge area. The days before it, we found out that Elder Chiristoferson was coming along with Elder Neil A Anderson of the 70. It was fun being able to say to people (when we were inviting them to church) that an Apostle would be their equal to Apostles of the Bible. Our Mission President (who happens to be going home in a few days :-( ) after the Saturday Evening session invited all his missionaries up to the stand to meet Elder Christofferson. he served his Mission in Argentina so he talked a lot longer to my Mexican Companion :-). THAT WAS COOL! Also this week we found out that Carmen from my previuos area is getting baptised....TODAY!!!! yes at 7:00pm tonight we are going to her baptismal service. I'm happy I get to go. That's a whole lot better than meeting an Apostle. The next day (being tomarrow) I'm headed off to NEW ORLEANS again! Yes, we got our transfer calls last night and I'm going to 'Meterie' (I think that's how you spell it). That's cool I haven't been down there in a while. I first got there year and 11 days ago. I was trained there and then I was taken up unto Baton Rouge until now. everything is happy. Oh yes THANK YOU ALL FOR THE 22 EMAILS!!! I was so happy I almost .....never mind. I think it's the first time I had to push the 'next' button to see all of them. Yeah! Keep it up!
Well it looks like I need to get off. This week was amazing! :-)
Thank you guys again
-Elder Colvin
(the loved)


ps. thankyou Roseanne and Trisha for the mail this week too!

0 comments: