CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

oh what an annnoyance‏

I clicked on all of my email addresses and i accidentally pushed ERASE! I need Grandma's and Gabrielle's email Address because I can't remember em.

However, Hello Everyone I hope everything is fine in AZ. I still can not believe, even after looking at the pictures, that Sister Colvin is home. It is not computing. Oh well I hope y'all are having lots of fun and stuff. This week was moderately great. We walked up to this trailer that we knew had some Spanish people in it, and we knocked on the door. A guy opened the door and we told him who we were and that we had an important message to share with him and his family. He let us in like, "uh..ok." so we walked in and we see two women sitting on the couch watching their 'Novelas' or Soap Operas in English (That is ALL the Spanish channels are full of). It's night time and They are looking at us like, 'who are you guys?' So we say again and who we are and why we're here. The Older Lady gets up and walks to the door saying,"Everyone needs to here this," and she rounds up everyone outside and in their rooms to the front room. They are a cool family, actually they are 2 families. They are both living here together. Rosalita (the older Lady) is cool and she is fired up about reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. I'm excited to see where this will go. Thanksgiving was good. I Kind of had a hard time sleeping that night after all was said and ate. We were invited to two homes; 1 our next door neighbor, and the Estradas in our Ward. We ate a ton at our neighbors Apt. and we played some horseshoes and it was fun. By the time we had to go to the Estradas we were still pretty full. Thankfully Hispanic people don't celebrate this holiday south of the border so they weren't accustomed to making a huge Feast. Therefore we didn't eat as much there so it was all perfect. It's been fun trying to explain what Thanksgiving is to our investigators. They call it, "Dia de Pavo" or 'Day of Turkey' in English. We met With Junior and Adriana Fabian last night and talked with them about why they haven't been keeping their commitments to read or come to church. Well, they just said that it was laziness and also they felt a little embarrassed about coming to church after we taught them the Law of Chastity because they didn't want to have people at church looking at them or something. Well we talked with them some more and told them we love them and invited them to keep Reading and keep coming to church. Well my life is going good. It's been a little rough this week but I always remember Aaron, Omner, and Himni's account in the Book of Mormon and it keeps me going. They didn't have any success until about 17 years into their ministry but, they were blessed to Convert the King himself of the Lamanite Nation. I love my mission and I love You Guys mucho.
Bye
Elder Colvin

Elder Jacob Colvin

0 comments: