CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ta da!

Man.......I don't even feel worthy to follow up on the email that Bonnie sent. It's like you guys are thinking,"Oh if only Elder Colvin was as Spiritual as Sister Colvin." :-) I thought Bonnie was going to be translated before her mission was up. In our Mission the people going home went home already last Friday. I thought Bonnie was going to be the same way and so I was VERY surprised to learn that She is currently still in her Mission. Have fun with her but don't do too much too fast. She might scream "Apostate!" and then explode! Well this week for me was amazing. We had Francisco and Raquel come to church again. That was cool. They brought all their Grandkids as well. It'll be a work in progress with Francisco but he'll be a member sooner or later. Hmmm Trisha you want something crazy that happened this week......... Well I'm staying here again for another transfer! Whoo Hoo! I love this Ward and area so I'm happy. It'll be my first area that I stayed in for 6 months. And the first area that I'll be in with the same companion consecutively. This week we finally had to use our Jackets to go out and about. It's been pretty warm here , a lot longer than last year. our next door neighbor gave us a 6 foot white colored Christmas tree. We feel more happy now and in the Christmas spirit. Also at Zone Conference Our Mission President gave us a new rule ....we can't email anymore! Just Kidding. WE CAN LISTEN TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC!! Trisha, send me your 'Handel's Messiah' stuff. I would also Like to get Mannheim Steamroller but y'all can decide. Please Someone send some Christmas music to your beloved Elder in Louisiana! Today is the Zone Prep Day before transfers. We will possibly be going to a Alligator Farm and then play Battle-Ball with the whole Zone (It's like dodge ball but with Tennis balls). It's fun ....no one gets hurt Mommy I promise :-). We found 4 way cool new investigators last night. They all committed to follow the answer that would come to be baptized. I Love it when people are truly sincere about doing what we invite them to do. It's surprising sometimes just how hard it can be for people to use a little faith to Read and Pray about the Book of Mormon. Just ...Just DO IT and you'll get an answer. This would be a perfect time to use Alma's Lamentation "Oh that I were an Angel." But I know that Salvation is not a cheap experience and so all I can do is do my best every day to cry repentance with the abilities I have been given. The Lord sees us exercise faith and he blesses us, but on his time line. It surely will come but it's when he lets it happen. I Must not be a Hypocrite and so I will keep knocking on the doors and Invite all I see. Happy Day of Giving Thanks! I love You All
Elder Colvin
Elder Jacob Colvin

0 comments: