CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

to all both near and far

It's Elder Colvin's Weekly Epistle,

Our cell Phone just went off in the library, How embarrassing. I have thought (this last week) that I would start writing down things that I think of during the week on a paper. This way I won't get Elders cramp when I get to the library. This is normally what goes through my mind when I get here,"OH wow cool a computer cool cool cool and I can use it, and I can even talk to my family Yeah!..............I just forgot what happened this week....". Now, after 19 months I'm learning. So here it goes. 4 items of agenda: Thank you everyone that contributed in sending me that GIANORMOUS package I got on Friday. Beautiful. I'm still laughing about the sheer volume of snacks you sent. A yard O' Beef, Oh Boy! a 2 lb bag of Sour Patch Candy, too funny. I Haven't opened the 2 wrapped things that were in it. We'll see what happens on the morn of the 25th. Should I read the letters now or on Christmas because I haven't done that yet. So, yes mom in responce to your question, IT SNOWED HERE!!!!!!!! WHAT THE CRAZINESS! I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE SNOW HERE! A few days ago I heard from a member that there might be a chance of winter precipitation mixed with rain. I really thought nothing of it because I was sure that snow wouldn't come here. The next morning I awoke to the Elders in my apartment Screaming,"It's snowing outside Aghhghgh!" I stared at it through the window still in denial then, .....we went outside and played in it like there was no tomorrow! We did every snow-thing we could. It was as fun as it was unbelievable. A member told us that the last time it snowed here was before I was born. El nino Strikes again. So, I got hit in the eye by a Frisbee the other day. I couldn't see out of it too well at first, but it's cleared up and I'm good to go 20-20. Sister Woods made me go to a Doctor just in case, and he said that there is no damage or anything. we saw a parade this week. It was cool. They definitely through out more stuff at you here. We didn't stay too long, but we did pass out some cards to Hispanic people while watching. wow, you see what happens Elder Colvin if you write down stuff to say. Oh yeah we had 5 people come to church on Sunday and they all loved it. Joel came and he is progressing great. This week was just full of blessings. We went to this one house out in an area we never looked before because a Man ordered the Movie Joy To The World. we delivered it to him and we talked for a little while. His friend came up too, during our conversation, and we shared with them the Message of the Restoration. They are now committed to baptism for the 3rd of January. It's great! I hope you all liked the stuff you got in my package. The thing that each kid got will work too. Well time is running short , but I want to end by saying again how much I love all of you and I hope that you all are Having a great Christmas Season. BONNIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU CRAZY COOL CAT!
-Elder Jacob Colvin
Elder Jacob Colvin

0 comments: