CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Well well well,Thank you so much all you peeps that sent me letters. I love them. Dare I say, more than e-mails?! Anyway I am doing great! Conference was AMAZING this time. I Think it was my favorite. Who knew that Thomas S. Monson had such a sence of humor. I was laughing pretty hard at his joke at the Preisthood session. But in all seriousness It was a power packed conference filled with the spirit. I loved Jeffrey R. Hollands talk about the Bible and Book of Mormon. I didn't know you could make a series on your talks. I figured Elder Wirthlin would be sitting this time. I like that man. If you have ever seen a picture of him even 20 years ago he looks completly different than now. I went to the Spanish room for the Sunday morning session...and I'll be needing to read it in the Ensign. I didn't catch a thing. Oh well :-). I am learning pretty quick now. I've been making a special effort to talk and think in spanish. I thought That would help and it has. I'm Starting to understand what is happening in coversations and stuff. The other day Elder Orellana was talking to our branch President (president Uerta from Bolivia). I understood it all!! It was cool. I'm still pretty far from carrying on a coherant talk myself, but it's coming along. I understand a lot more than I can Speak. It's kind of funny. I'm just lovin' what my Mexican companion can make. His Tacos are the best I've ever had. Yes, they do eat a lot of tacos in Mexico. I think last week I had a taco everyday from somebody. On elder Orellana's clipper set is a funny sticker that says,"Folded food just tastes better." I laugh....because it is true :-). It's cool being a spanish Missionary. The people here have given me the nickname 'Chido Gringo' which means 'Cool White Guy'. Sadly none of our investigators were able to make it to General Conference, but hey that's missionary life. It's 95% dissapointments and 5% Successful Joy, but that 5% makes up the Difference ever so much. I finally made that Red Velvet cake that was for my birthday. I only had a bread pan to put the mix in...Well the inside was cake. The rest was like a Red Bread. hehehe. I think that was the first time I made a cake on my mission....and a cake without Mom's help :-). Yup, life is going great for the Elder Meister. HMMMM what else...Thank you Ammon for your words of advice in your email I recived last week. Now I know first hand what you were going through at the MTC. hehe Sister C. has 7 mos left. Anyway I am gonna have to end this transmission soon. If I want Clean clothes this week and to go to Bass Pro Shop today I'll need to rap things up. errrrrrr Que mas? I have rediscovered Lucas again (yeah Bonnie!) I see it all the time When I go to Mexican stores. If Yall ever want to send something,...spanish to me I only want two things: A sombrero, and Rellerindos (a Mex. candy that's made by 'Vero'). Well, Thank you all so much again for all that you do. I Love You!-Elder Colvin

0 comments: