CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Hey hey hey,Welcome to another exciting episode of Elder Colvins life:-Elder Colvin,"Lo siento, pero yo soy aprendiendo hablar espan'ol y hablar muy pequito ahora"-Jorge,"oh, ok "Ask your local spanish speaker what that means, it's more like spanglish though.this episode was brought to you by Ole' Mexican foodanyway, Yes I pretty much say that everyday. The people always look a little awkward at me because I don't say much. I have to say that I am learning to speak spanish so they don't think I'm a crazy mute Gringo. It's fun. Last night We comitted Josefina to be baptized on the 19th of April. She is a Nice 20 year old girl. Please pray for her that she'll take that leap of faith and do it. I wish I explain more about the people we are teaching, but I don't know what is being said. I catch half of the words, half of the time :-). It's coming a long though. One time we were teaching this Lady about the Restorarion, that is, I thought that is what Elder Orellana was talking about. I felt impressed to share the scripture Acts 3:20-21. It talks about how Jesus will come after the "restitution of all things". If you will look up the word "Restitution" in the dictionary you'll see that it means to repay for something that was taken. AKA Restoring what was LOST. Anyway I read it to her in my poor spanish, and she stood back in amazement, then she wanted to read it herself. She was shocked. Her family comprizes of catholic, a baptist minister, and Jehovahs witness. She wants us to come back and teach her more. This work is awsome. I'll be asking today if my MTC spanish books are coming and I'll ask if I can get y'all to send my "Como Se Dice" book out to me. I love each and every one you guys so much.ByeLove Elder Colvin

0 comments: