CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

HelLo My Family. This week has been cool. Alejandro was committted to bapstism last night (his nick name is 'Chicles' meaning 'Gum' in english).He came to church and he liked it. That night we went over to his apartment. We (meaning Elder Orellana) said to him that this is your decision and you need to ask God on weather it's true or not, but you need to ask sincerely. I think that is the diference on praying."....but let him ask in FAITH, nothing wavering"-James 1:5-6. You have to truly want to know weather it's true. I think too often people go and pray with the mindset of "I know this is the right way and you're gonna tell me the same, OK God!?" That is pride, Putting your will before God's. and Pride is the root of All Evil. When we ask someone to pray, we ask that they pray in a manner that the Holy spirit can come and touch them. First, you need to do the thing, 'experiment upon the word'. You gotta do your part so that God will see that your serious about searching for knowledge (James 2). Secondly, you need to go and pray in a humble manner as this "Heavenly Father I have been searching for thy truth and I really want understand your will for me. Father will you please let me know weather_____is true or not". now you obviously don't have to use those exact words, and to say such a thing takes faith but that is the way you can know about any point of doctrine of this church. Search, Ponder, and Pray. I need to get going. Sorry it's kinda short. I love you guys so much, keep the faith.-Elder Colvin-You know, if I could get some stamps, I'd be greatful. but if not I'll live. :-) thankyou.

0 comments: