CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Now I write big family letter‏

Family,
How are you? I miss you. I'm going to get some things today that I might send them to you. I am doing great here in 'Gonzo' and I think that I'm gonna try to writ as fast as I can. maybe not. We had a wonderful week. Two members moved into Gonzales so now we have more Spanish people to work with. Maria and Francisco moved into the ward last week. Francisco is not a member of the church but we committed him to be baptized on the first Sunday of December. We found a guy this week that had the most interesting name. His last name was 'Angeles' and his Parents decided to give him a first name of 'Jesus'. So in English it is Jesus Angles. I thought that was pretty different. Hispanic names are very Catholic influenced. Another time I met a Peter Cross. Anyway We committed the Fabian family last night to live the Law of Chastity and they said they wanted to get married ASAP. We gotta figure out how to get them a marriage license here in Gonzales. Sister Colvin sent me a white hair in the mail that she attributed to her mission. I'll vouch for her on that. I have my first white hair taped to my missionary Journal. We are all just a little crazy in the Colvin Family but hey, someone has to do it or how can we know what sane is? This is logic ;-) . Now, I'm currently looking at my black, white, gray, light gray, and dark orange striped tie thinking of something to say. My Spanish jumped a leap this week! It was like something clicked. I was able to have a 3 minute conversation with a guy all by my self. I found that He was living in Thibadoux right now but was looking for a trailer to rent here in Gonzales. He was baptized 4 months ago in Indianapolis and wanted to get back to going to church.

I'm Bi-lingual, so Bi- lingual, it's un-equal how Bi-lingual I am! (west side missionary story)

Yeah! I still have a LOT to learn but, thanks to God's tender mercies I can now pretty much hold my own. Well time is pressing and I must be going so please every one remember your Son, Grandson, Brother,Cousin, and Friend;
-Elder Colvin

PS. I love you all and don't run with sharp objects
Elder Jacob Colvin

0 comments: